Cheetah Chassis Corp located in Berwick is currently accepting applications for a qualified MATERIAL HANDLER capable and eager to work safely in our fast-paced manufacturing operation.
Cheetah has some of the best pay rates in the area! We provide our Assemblers a starting rate of $16.00/hr., increased to $16.50 at 6 months and $17.50 after 1 year.
The Forklift Operator will operate an industrial forklift truck to accomplish various materials handling assignments.
Brief Description of Essential Functions with Reasonable Accommodations:
- Identifies and transports requested materials to and from various locations including machines, loading docks, trucks, and storage areas.
- Receives and verifies materials received and shipped according to Bill of Lading and Packing Lists and in accordance with the Bar-Coding process
- Record verified receipts into the Syteline System
- Obtains production schedule and/or shipping orders and then identifies, verifies, and prepares requested materials, parts, or equipment accordingly.
- Applies understanding of the production schedule, ensuring prompt and efficient delivery of required items to the production lines.
- Return excess to stock room and or parts storage as appropriate.
- Reports any problems with materials or transportation to Materials Lead or Coordinator.
- Perform daily inspection on equipment and report issues to maintenance
- Perform 6S duties as assigned
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- None. The position reports to the Materials Team Lead
- Basic math, language, and reading skills.
- Ability to handle equipment and vehicles safely and sensibly.
- Must be able to lift up to 50-pounds
Education and Experience:
- Satisfactorily pass forklift driving training program or demonstrate safe handling of forklift in an on-site test.
- One year of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving
- Familiarity with software programs and bar coding used in this job preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position.
- Hours of work are Monday through Thursday 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Overtime may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!
Download and fill out the Cheetah Career Application.
Submit application 2 ways:
1. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mail to:
3rd & Oak Streets,
P.O. Box 388,
Berwick, PA 18603