safety and environmental compliance coordinator
Cheetah Chassis employs 100 plus team members at our transportation equipment manufacturing facility in Berwick PA. Safety is a top priority and we continuously look for new and innovative ideas and programs to keep our team members safe. Our Safety and Environmental Compliance Coordinator, as our subject matter expert plays a key role interacting with team members on our production floor as well as visitors within our facility and will be expected to assume responsibility for all Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives, including related compliance administration to ensure safe and effective operations. We invite qualified applicants with demonstrated experience, knowledge, and commitment to the safety and well-being of our team members to be considered for this highly visible position. Position reports directly to our Company President.
- Demonstrate EHS proficiency to develop and implement progressive safety and environmental compliance policies, procedures and programs towards our goal of “zero-accidents” by taking an active role to ensure that human safety is never compromised.
- Provide guidance and support to all levels of the organization while mentoring Team Leads and Production Coordinators to achieve desired work behaviors and compliance on production floor.
- Foster an approachable, professional work environment that promotes a “safety first” culture.
- Develop/Maintain policy and procedure documentation and monitor for effectiveness.
- Perform daily EHS audits including risk assessments to uncover improvement opportunities, identify and proactively take correct action.
- Initiate our Help Discussion process as a teaching tool and to address observed unsafe behaviors.
- Conduct safety orientation and routine EHS training.
- Carry out root cause accident/injury investigations and coordinate proper response upon team member injury, including rendering First Aid and Workers Comp as applicable.
- Develop programs to encourage team member safety awareness and compliance.
- Arrange annual respiratory and auditory tests and monthly random drug tests.
- Actively participate and lead Safety Committee discussions to address concerns and share ideas.
- Suggest and champion hazard abatement strategies.
- Accompany OSHA inspectors
- Prepare all EHS administration to ensure the timely and accurate submission of all OSHA, EPA, DEP and Workers Comp reports as required in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations and standards.
- Perform other related projects as required.
Bachelor’s degree in EHS preferred. Associate degree at minimum, but with at least five (five) years of experience in Occupational Safety with working exposure to Production, Warehouse and Maintenance operations.
Required Work Skills:
Environmental Management, Risk Assessments, Chemical compliance, PPE, Machine Safeguarding, LOTO, Air Emissions, Waste Management, Spill Response
- Ability to lead, motivate and communicate EHS best practices with all levels of our workforce.
- Ability to learn and comprehend the safe operation and environmental impacts of our equipment and processes.
- Desire to expand knowledge of successful safety and environmental programs relative to our manufacturing processes and remain current on industry standards.
- Ability to think clearly and respond in the midst of an emergency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present professional presentations
- Strong accuracy with numbers
- Excellent time management
- Ability to organize and establish priorities
- Computer skills; database systems, Internet, presentation software, Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD, etc.)
EMT or First Aid skills. Otherwise will train in First Aid.